
Colors
We are trying to work on Nadia's colors. Jenny made cards that have pictures of different colors and I make up games with Nadia based on the matching the colors on the cards. Her favorite color is pink because every card that is laid down she says pink. Then I have to say no and tell her to pick a different color. We were sitting around the table today eating our fruit. We had been telling her what an orange was that she was eating. It is tricky because normally an orange is, well, orange. But these are unripe green oranges that can sometimes be yellow. So I made the mistake of telling her it is yellow.
"But," I said, "It is usually orange."
It doesn't matter, Jenny said, she still isn't able to understand the difference.
"But she knows what pink is," I said.
"Not really," she replied. I picked up the ketchup and asked Nadia what color it was.
"Pink," she said. I corrected her, saying it is red and then held up a pink lid.
"Red," she said.
Ok, Jenny, you are right.
1 comment:
this is too cute for ... uh, whatever. very cute anyways.
Post a Comment