Words
As if my article on the 'Ol Geezer' was not enough to get some of our readers rolling on the floor with laughter, I can assure you it is a never ending adventure. Today is my birthday and on our way back from Jenny's appointment with the doctor we decided to pass by the Mugg and Bean (a coffee shop chain in Southern Africa)to get some coffee and some lunch for something special. There is nothing like a never ending cup of coffee to lift ones spirits and to kick the cold that I was welcomed with as my ship landed in the temperate world again. I enjoyed a wonderful burger topped with bacon and blue cheese which made the stop worthwhile. However, my cold continued to interrupt my meal with sneezing and blowing until I was all out of kleenex. I kindly called our waitress over and asked her if she had and "napkins". She paused and gave me a funny look but then said, "Ok" and went to the back of the restaurant. It took one second to look at the scared look on Jenny's face to realize the possible mistake I had made.
"I hope that 'napkin' in South Africa is not that women's thing that nobody talks about," I inquired of Jenny a little scared.
"Maybe?" she replied sheepishly.
I gained my composure and kindly asked my waitress what a the thing she brought me is called in South Africa. Saving my pride she smiled, laughed and said, "Serviette".
I still do not know what 'napkin' means.
No comments:
Post a Comment