You know it’s hot when…
Two of my fellow MCCers and I have an on-going text messaging “You know it’s hot when…”. We text each other on extremely hot days. This week has been really hot. It reminds Joél and I of our first months here in Moz, living in Beira.
It’s good corn growing weather—lots of sunshine and heat. But for those of us who aren’t corn and have to live in the heat, it’s hot. We pity the people who have to work in their fields in this kind of weather, especially those whose fields are kilometers away and they do not have the fare for a chapa to get even part way there, so they walk. I heard of someone’s field that took her five hours to walk to it. Joel went and worked in his little field yesterday from 6-9 AM and came back completely soaked in sweat. It is the kind of heat where you just sit in a chair and sweat. I was still sweating last night at 2:35 AM. It's hot!
Anyway, you know it’s hot when…
…the little hairs on your toes stand up because they don’t want to be next to each other.
…when you burn your hand on the wall.
…when your eyelids sweat.
…when you sleep with two fans on you
…when the cold coke you bought a few hours ago but didn't drink immediately, now burns the roof of your mouth.
3 comments:
I can't even imagine!
the hairs on your toes one is the best... I'd laugh out loud if I wasn't sitting in a restaurant and if my toes were frozen together because the tea I'm drinking only reaches my knees.
You know it's hot when . . . you tell your sister it's pretty cool day, but the high temperature will be 90
Post a Comment